- High abandonment figures in magazine subscription renewal.
- Proper UX e-commerce heuristics not met in the platform.
- Target audience not well versed in digital transactions.
- Decaying figures in printed publication sales.
Team and Responsibilities
- Follow e-commerce best practices from Baymard's E-Commerce Checkout Usability research.
- Cater the process to our largest segment (grandparents)
- Gather information about the recipient kids to taylor the experience and make it personal for the buyers
- Focus on sentiment "This is a gift to your kids" instead of the generic "Buy this magazine"
UX process and strategy
Responsive Happy Path
The intervention on the Cricket e-commerce portals was a definitive impulse for the company and an investment that paid off instantly, as sales grew 25% from the very first days that the redesign was deployed. This reflects the importance of combining direct research on your customers as well as 2nd hand research from respected sources such as Baymard in achieving good results for customer experience and business overall.